Roundtable on mobilizing investment and innovation for sustainable energy in Africa will be held in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on December 6th, 2016.
The event is jointly organized by the United Nations Office of the High Representative for Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS) and EnergyNet.
The event will bring together participants from the two sustainable energy events
- UN-OHRILLS’ Regional Meeting on Sustainable Energy for Least Developed Countries, which will take place in Dar es Salaam on December 5–6th, 2016
The meeting will bring together key stakeholders in the African energy sector, highlighting ways to put energy finance in motion for least developed countries and deliver life-changing benefits to vulnerable communities.
- EnergyNet’s Africa Energy Forum: Off the Grid Summit, which will be held in Dar es Salaam on December 6–8th, 2016
The forum will focus on project opportunities for mini- and off-grid technology providers working in Africa’s energy space.
The Summit will bring together ministries of energy, rural electrification agencies, philanthropic business foundations, banks, regulatory bodies, multilateral organizations and off-grid businesses to discuss topical issues concerning rolling-out off-grid projects across Africa.
Registered participants at these two events are invited to attend the roundtable, which will take place at the Conference Hall of Bank of Tanzania from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
- Gyan Chandra Acharya, Under-Secretary-General, UN-OHRLLS
- Sospeter M. Muhongo, Minister for Energy and Minerals, Tanzania
- Joseph Yado Howe, Assistant Minister for Energy, Ministry of Lands, Mines and Energy, Liberia
- Christopher Baker Brian, Co-Founder, BBOXX
- Veronica Bolton-Smith, Regional Director, Eastern and Southern Africa, EnergyNet