Tanzania’s President John Magufuli appointed Doto James as Permanent Secretary (PS) in the Ministry of Finance and Planning on August 31st 2016.
Prior to this appointment, Doto James was Deputy Permanent Secretary (Policy) in the Tanzanian Ministry of Finance since December 2015.
Doto James replaces Servacius Likwelile who was PS since 2013.
Currently (2016), the Tanzanian Ministry of Finance and Planning consists of:
- Minister for Finance and Planning, Philip Mpango
- Deputy Minister for Finance and Planning, Ashatu Kijaji
- Permanent Secretary and Paymaster General, Doto James
- Deputy Permanent Secretary, Treasury Services (DSTS), Dorothy Mwanyika
- Deputy Permanent Secretary, Public Finance Management (DSPFM), Amina Shaban
- Directors and Assistant Directors