The Reli Assets Holding Company (RAHCO) invites sealed tenders from contractors for the design and construction of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) from Dar es Salaam to Morogoro during the 2016–2017 fiscal year.
The SGR from Dar es Salaam to Morogoro will be on a parallel alignment to the existing Metre gauge line.
Interested and eligible tenderers must provide recent information of the following minimum experience:
- Experience in detailed design
- Minimum 10 years of experience in detailed design of heavy railway civil works such as tracks, tunnels, viaducts, flyovers, bridges, etc.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in railway track design (light rail and/or heavy rail).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in railway stations design (light rail and/or heavy rail).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in design of signaling and telecommunications systems.
- Experience within the last 5 years on the detailed design of a single railway line project with a capital cost of at least USD1b.
- Experience in construction
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in construction of heavy railway civil works such as tracks, tunnels, viaducts, flyovers, bridges, etc.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in rail track and railway station construction.
- Minimum of 5 years cumulative experience in construction of railway line and associated facilities of minimum capital cost of USD2b in Africa or other developing countries with a similar environment.
- Financial Capacity
- Minimum average construction turnover in the last 5 years of USD2.5b.
- Minimum average turnover in the last 5 years on detailed design services of USD60m.
- Demonstrated ability to finance a minimum of USD600m of construction work.
Tender Deadline: December 6th, 2016
A contractor will be selected in accordance with the International Competitive Bidding procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act No. 7 of 2011 and the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446.
Interested and eligible tenderers may obtain a full set of the bidding document in English on the submission of a written application to the address given below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD200.
Payment should be by banker’s cheque, payable to Managing Director, RAHCO, P.O. Box 76959, Dar es Salaam, Tel: No. +255 22 2122695; Tel: Fax. No. +255 22 2116525, E-mail: email@example.com.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security in an acceptable form of bank guarantee issued through the correspondent local bank in the amount of 2% of the bid price or freely convertible currencies in case of foreign tenderers.
Sealed Bidding documents (two separate envelopes TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL) must be deposited at RAHCO Tender Box located in the RAHCO Headquarter Building Corner of Sokoine/Railway Street, on the First Floor in Conference Room at or before 10:30 AM local time on December 6th, 2016 and explicitly bear the mention of “TENDER NO. PA/003/HQ/2016-17/W/01 DESIGN AND BUILD CONTRACT FOR THE STANDARD GAUGE RAILWAY (SGR) LINE FROM DAR ES SALAAM – MOROGORO (202KM) ON AN ALIGNMENT PARALLEL TO THE EXISTING LINE’’.
Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of bidder’s representative who choose to attend the opening ceremony in RAHCO Conference Room, 1st floor , Sokoine Drive/ Railway Street, Dar es Salaam.