The Agricultural Council of Tanzania (ACT) is the host of the 3rd annual Agribusiness Congress East Africa with the official support from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, from 27-28 January, 2016 at Mlimani Conference Centre, Dar Es Salam.
The congress offers a platform for investors, the donor community, input suppliers, government, farmers of all scales and all professionals involved in the agricultural value chain, looking for sustainable cost effective solutions, trade partners and opportunities that will set East Africa into an agricultural hub.
This year’s overarching theme within the opening keynote address, “Driving regional growth and accessibility in East Africa”. The congress will analyse critical strategic and practical issues, including actualising development and growth in agriculture, turning farming into a profitable business and decreasing post-harvest losses amidst the challenges posed by climate change.
Agribusiness Congress East Africa 2016 programme will focus on:
• Enabling frameworks: land reforms
• Accessing finance and identifying investment partners
• Modernising smallholder farming
• Climate actions and post-harvest loss
• Processing & storing / transport & logistics
• Market access and trading
• Options for rural financing, emerging and small scale farmer sector
For more information visit http://www.agri-eastafrica.com