ONOMO Hotel Dar es Salaam

Tanzania Mobile Operator Launches Health Information Service On Phone

Mobile operator Vodacom Tanzania has launched a new health information service that will provide its users with access to medical information through their mobile phones.

Vodacom Simu Doctor was launched on November 4, 2014 and will provide users with access to a panel of health specialists who will share their expertise with local communities and provide information including the impact of lifestyle changes on one’s health and other health issues.

Vodacom is marketing the cost for this subscription at TZS 100 per day, which includes as many as two daily SMS health tips.

TanzaniaInvest Whatsapp Channel

According to Kelvin Twissa, Head of Brand & Communication at Vodacom, Tanzanians should take advantage of this service and the specialists that are available to them from a range of specialists including a Pediatrician, Cardiologist, and OB/GYN.

“We all know that prevention is better than cure,” he said, “Our subscribers can now access vital information that will enable them to better manage their health and life styles directly from the panel of health specialists.”

Vodacom Tanzania is a subsidiary company of Vodacom Group (Pty) Limited, South Africa, which owns a 65% majority share with the remaining 35% owned by Tanzanian shareholder Mirambo ltd.

RELATED:  Vodacom Tanzania Acquires Smile Communication Tanzania
Related Posts