The National Bureau of Statistics of Tanzania (NBS) revealed that the Annual Headline Inflation Rate for the month of June 2023 decreased to 3.6% from 4.0% recorded in May 2023.
Meanwhile, the overall index went up from 108.93 recorded in June 2022 to 112.81 in June 2023.
Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages Inflation Rate for June 2023 has decreased to 7.8% from 8.5% recorded in May 2023.
The Inflation Rate for all items without food and non-alcoholic beverages for June 2023 also decreased to 1.8% from 2.1% recorded in May 2023.
Meanwhile, the National Consumer Price Index between May 2023 and June 2023 has increased by 0.1%.
The increase in the overall index is attributed to price increases for non-food items. Some non-food items that contributed to the rise in the index include:
- Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco: 0.2%
- Clothing Materials: 0.3%
- Garments for Men: 0.6%
- Garments for Women: 0.3%
- Garments for Children: 0.5%
- Footwear for Men: 0.4%
- Footwear for Women: 0.2%
- Footwear for Children: 0.4%
- Actual Rentals Paid by Tenants Main Dwelling: 0.2%
- Products and Materials for the Maintenance of the Dwelling: 0.3%
- Firewood: 5.1%
- Wood Charcoal: 1.1%
- Corrective Eyeglasses: 1.8%
- Petrol: 0.2%
- Mobile Telephone Handsets: 0.4%
- Food Provided by Full-Service Restaurants: 0.5%
- Accommodation Services in Hotels, Lodges, and Guest Houses: 0.4%
- Goods and Services for Personal Care: 0.5%