ONOMO Hotel Dar es Salaam

Tanzania Receives TZS 85.68 Billion From African Development Bank

afdb tanzania credit

Supporting Tanzania’s aim of becoming a middle income economy by 2025, and understanding the need to improve the number of high-skilled workers, the African Development Bank (AfDB) has granted Tanzanian Government a TZS 85.68 billion (USD 52.55 million) loan on development of technical, vocational education and training (TVET) and Teacher Education Project.

Aiming to narrow the skills gap and to provide access to post-school education, the project would target training of secondary school teachers in science and mathematics, and support infrastructure investments in four regional vocational centres (Geita, Njombe, Rukwa, Simiyu) and nine TVET institutions over the course of the next five years.

“The project will have a substantial impact on economic development in light of the discovery of natural gas in Tanzania and is expected investment boom over the next decade”, said Agnes Soucat, AfDB’s Director for Human Development, continuing: “It seeks to improve the market relevance of technical education in key sectors such as agriculture and mining and accelerate inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction.”

TanzaniaInvest Whatsapp Channel

AfDB’s loan would enable to cover 90% of the costs of the programme, with the rest 10% to be paid by the Government of Tanzania.

Related Posts