The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) has recently introduced the requirement for all taxpayers registered with the Authority to immediately verify their Tax Identification Numbers (TIN).
The measure is intended to assist the TRA’s efforts in ensuring its process of installing new and modern technology to make the taxpayers’ record keeping system more effective.
All taxpayers are to receive a new TIN certificate. Failure to register will lead to the revocation of taxpayer’s TIN certificate.
Verification will be undertaken in phases. The first phase will run from August 15, 2016 to October 15, 2016 for Dar es Salaam tax regions which include:
Tanzania TIN Verification process
The verification process is done by the taxpayer physically visiting the respective TRA offices for the purpose of verifying the taxpayer’s finger prints reflected in TRA’s system and submitting a completed TRA verification form (found in all TRA offices for free and on TRA’s website i.e., (www.tra.go.tz) accompanied with the following information:
- TIN certificate
- The Company’s Certificate of Incorporation/Compliance
- The Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association (MEMAT)
- Title deed or lease agreement of the office premise
- The Taxpayer’s identification card
The verification process will take place in different offices as follows:
- Taxpayers registered with the Ilala Tax region, at Mariam Tower (in Shaurimoyo) and 14 Rays (in Kariakoo – Gerezani)
- Taxpayers registered with Kinondoni Tax region, at LAPF building (in Kijitonyama) and Kibo Complex (in Tegeta)
- Taxpayers registered with Large Taxpayers Department, at TRA Headquarters (4th Floor)
- Taxpayers registered with Temeke Tax region, at the National Stadium
- Non-business taxpayers may verify their TIN at any TRA office close to them
Please note that the verification process applies to both individuals and non-business taxpayers as well.