A webinar, titled “Energy Access as an Accelerator for Economic Development” will be held on November 21st, 2016.
The webinar comes before the Africa Energy Forum: Off the Grid Summit, which will be taking place at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Dar es Salaam on 6-8th December 2016.
The Forum will focus on project opportunities for mini and off grid technology providers working in Africa’s energy space.
- The role energy access can play in scaling up access to security, water, healthcare, education and financial inclusion.
- Why some countries are more open to mobile money payments and what are the alternatives.
- An exploration of opportunities for synergies between telecom grid and off grid developers e.g. can mobile telephone masts be anchored for clients using mini grid systems?
- How clean cooking can facilitate greater energy access.
Webinar Confirmed Speakers:
- James Manda, Technical Advisor, African Forum for Utility Regulators
- Jon Ridley, Director, M-KOPA Labs
- Wim van Nes, Global Sector Coordinator- Energy, SNV
The webinar is organized by EnergyNet, the organizer of the Africa Energy Forum, in collaboration with Engerati, a global network for power and utility professionals.
To register for the webinar please visit https://www.engerati.com/webinars/energy-access-accelerator-economic-development.