A full program for the Africa Energy Forum (AEF): Off the Grid in Dar es Salaam on 6th–8th December 2016 is now available. Download it here.
EnergyNet, the event organizer, indicates that since its announcement in December the forum has received a remarkable level of interest from both the public and private sector.
These companies are eager to identify credible partners in the off grid space and explore the potential for project investment, EnergyNet explains.
Taking place from the 6-8th December at the Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, the meeting is officially endorsed by: the Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO), the Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Agency (EWURA), the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) and the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA).
AEF: Off the Grid is also supported by the African Forum for Utility Regulations (AFUR), Virgin Unite and Shell Foundation.
“With the Sustainable Development Goals hoping to deliver affordable, reliable and clean energy for all by 2030, the Off the Grid provides a wonderful platform to build partnerships with individuals and organizations who want to help achieve this ambition,” Benjamin Hay, Strategy & Investment Director of Virgin Unite explains.
Confirmed speakers include:
- H.E. Hon Simon Dujanga, Minister of State for Energy, Government of Uganda
- H.E. Hon January Makamba, Minister of State in the Vice President’s Office for Union Affairs and Environment, Tanzania
- Dr Benon Mutambi, CEO of Electricity Regulatory Authority, Uganda
- Godfrey R. Turahikayo, Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Uganda
- Isaac Kiva, Director of Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- Emilian Nyanda, Deputy Commissioner for Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy, Tanzania
- Focus Mrosso, Manager Syndication, Project Finance, CRDB Bank, Tanzania
- Ferhat Esen, Energy Specialist, The World Bank
- Decklan Mahiki, Deputy Managing Director at TANESCO
- Simon Sayore, Chairman and Managing Partner, TAC Associates
- Eddy Njoroge, Non-Executive Committee Member, Berkeley Energy
- Deo Onyango, Director of Renewables, General Electric
- Kenneth Mutoanga, Frontier Fund
- Dr Sabit Thaba, Climate Change Adviser, Department for International Development
- Estomih Sawe, Executive Director, TATEDO, Tanzania
- Boni Chileshe, Managing Director, East Africa, AECOM
- David Ross, Managing Director, Statera Capital
- Professor Izael Da Silva, Associate Dean, Strathmore Energy Research, Kenya
A full program for this meeting is now available, including details on topics and speakers to date. Download it here.
The registration fee to attend the Africa Energy Forum: Off the Grid 2016 is USD859 until November 7th 2016 and USD1,119 after November 7th 2016. TanzaniaInvest readers enjoy 20% discount rate off USD1,119 by using the code TI.