ONOMO Hotel Dar es Salaam

Statoil Makes New Natural Gas Discovery Offshore Tanzania

Statoil has announced the discovery of an additional 1.0-1.8 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of natural gas in the Mdalasini-1 well offshore Tanzania, bringing the total of in-place volumes in Block 2 up to approximately 22 tcf.

“The Mdalasini-1 discovery marks the completion of the first phase of an efficient and successful multi-well exploration programme offshore Tanzania,” says Nick Maden, senior vice president for Statoil’s exploration activities in the Western Hemisphere.

Since the start of the programme in February 2012, Statoil has drilled 13 wells and made eight discoveries, including Mdalasini-1.

TanzaniaInvest Whatsapp Channel

Statoil operates the licence on Block 2 on behalf of Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC) with 65% working interest and ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Tanzania Limited holding the remaining 35%.

RELATED:  Tanzania-Uganda Sign Gas Pipeline Feasibility Study Agreement
Related Posts