The position of Enterprise Data Manager is currently available at Stanbic Bank Tanzania. Level: SBG 11. Deadline for application is 20th July 2018.
Design, develop and implement an enterprise-wide Data Strategy to deliver value encompassing capability modeling, influencing data monetization, investments and data culture. In addition, the incumbent will Convene Enterprise Data Forum, Review industry trends and monitor relevant policy and regulation.
- Institutionalize data management in Stanbic Bank Tanzania
- Drive the benchmark for Enterprise Data via best practices, policies & regulations
- Act as point of interaction for Enterprise-wide data related issues to Country EXCO and their mandated committees
- Provide the enterprise wide with the standard Data requirements in order to facilitate strategic business decisions
- Act as a co-ordination & review body for Enterprise Data
- Keeping abreast of trends and development in data management and relevant policy and legislation.
- Actively promote and propagate existing best practice within organisation to consistent enterprise wide standards.
- Create structures to support development of data capability at a localised level within the context of Business Unit priorities and the Enterprise strategy.
- Surface and highlight the Enterprise initiatives that are monetising data (active and proposed), the cost of data investment to most cost-effectively achieve objectives
- Measures progress against data related audit issues and issues raised by external stakeholders (including regulators and large commercial clients)
- Manage a team of Data specialists to ensure effective delivery of objectives for the enterprise
- Facilitate the building of a Data skill pipeline for the enterprise
- Tertiary qualification in Finance and Accounting, Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or related field.
- Experience in critical operational risk data analysis and working independently with minimum supervision. Quantitative modelling experience will be an advantage
- Ability to exploit, explore and leverage on technology to advance business intelligence within the Standard Bank Group
- Ability to provide assistance to a number of business units at the same time and deliver to these simultaneously.
- Strong management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Technically competent with broad knowledge of systems management, development and implementation methods with specialist knowledge of applications
Deadline for application is 20th July 2018.