An international forum titled “Unlocking Investments to Maximize Tanzania’s Energy Potential” will be held in Hyatt Regency in Dar es Salaam on November 9th, 2016.
The event is organized by the African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI), a multilateral financial institution providing insurance products to support African investments and trade.
At the event, ATI will gather both the public and private sectors with the aim of finding solutions to unlock investments into Tanzania’s energy sector.
Topics to be covered at the forum:
- Where does Tanzania fit into the regional energy landscape? An overview of energy sector performance in neighboring countries.
- Energy sector challenges: barriers to investments and risk perceptions of utilities, lenders and developers.
- Energy sector solutions: a view from Uganda.
- What solutions will work best for Tanzania’s energy sector challenges?
Participants will include:
- Israel Kamuzora, Commissioner General at Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority & Board Chairman at ATI
- Decklan Mhaiki, Deputy Managing Director at the Tanzania Electricity Supply Company (TANESCO)
- Gideon Kaunda, Chairman at Rural Energy Agency (REA)
- Boniface Nyamo-Hanga, Director General at REA
- Lawrence Mafuru, Treasury Registrar of Tanzania
ATI provides export credit insurance, political risk insurance, investment insurance and other financial products to help reduce the business risks and costs of doing business in Africa.
ATI was launched in 2001 with the financial and technical support of the World Bank (WB) and the backing of several African countries.
Since 2003, ATI has supported over USD17b worth of trade and investments across Africa.