Tanzania’s Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA) is the principal Government agency for promoting investments in Tanzania’s Special Economic Zones (SEZs).
The Authority operates as an autonomous agency under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment of Tanzania.
EPZA is mandated to promote, register and facilitate investments in SEZs in mainland Tanzania.
The EPZA functions include the development of EPZ and SEZ infrastructure, provision of business services to EPZ and SEZ investors and issuing of EPZ and SEZ licenses.
Since their inception in 2008, the EPZs and SEZs have generated USD1b in foreign currency.
Tanzania EPZA Objectives
- – To promote investments in designated SEZs
- – To attract and encourage transfer of new technologies
- – To promote processing of local raw materials
- – To create and increase employment opportunities
- – To increase foreign exchange earnings
Tanzania EPZA Contacts
- Benjamin William Mkapa SEZ
- Mabibo External
- P.O.Box 12112
- Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
- Tel : +255 (0)22 2925058-60
- E-mail: [email protected]